Can you believe this woman is over 50?! Wow...Sade just released another album, her last, Lovers Rock, was quite good and had several very memorable songs. This new one, as the photo above says, is called Soldier of Love. This style of music isn't in my normal rotation, but she's always had such a great voice, and the grooves in her music are fantastic. Can you say, SMOOVE? She's pretty easy on the eyes too, for an "over the hill" lady....good Lord!
Some interesting tidbits about our new friend, Sade. She has an English mother and a Nigerian father, who named her Helen Folasade Adu. She's released an album about every decade. I remember after the last album she did a show at Riverbend and it was said to be a fantastic show and had many good write-ups. I think I'll try to go, if she comes back. I'm enjoying this album so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment