Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm making a vow to myself, my family and friends that this year and hopefully for a long time going forward, everything I do will be done from my heart. And this means, trying to slow down my immediate reactions and think with both head and heart, so that my reaction and response is thought out and not off the cuff. I want every action to be compassionate and said or done with love. I've been too selfish in the past...too caught up with what I want for myself, and not the people around me. I know this will take a lot of work, and it means at first I may seem out of it, or maybe even slow...but it means I consider others viewpoints and others cares and concerns. Too often I've ignored those. It also means that I have to constantly remind myself of what I'm trying to do. This will be the difficult part...it's hard to break habits, but I want to become a better person. It can only start by changing myself and making a conscious effort.

No comments: