Thursday, November 1, 2007

The hurt....down deep inside (fiction)

So I HAD these two freinds, who I missed dearly when they went on vacation...I even fed their cats and watered the plants and brought in the mail, etc for them while they were gone. I missed them so much that I called to see if we could have a beer the night after they got back. They were illin' so I thought, well tomorrow's Halloween and they came over last year so maybe this year too. Then I come to find out the female of the two people was already planning on coming while the male person had other plans. Well, one's is better than none, right?

I call the night of Halloween to see if she's coming..."no, male guy doesn't have plans, so we're doing it at our house. Other male friend is coming over later too."

How do you like that? Not only had I expressed my wish to see them, but plans were made to welcome them, but not a phone call to cancel, no invite, not even a "flunk you, dude, we hate you"! It hurts in the deep down parts of my soul.

(this is not based on any real situation and any relation to names, places or scenery is purely coincidental. All rights reserved, copyrighted, trademarked and is total bullshit.)

5 comments:

Matt said...

In the fictional sense, maybe the people involved felt a real obligation to be with the children of their neighborhood - the true hope for a better tomorrow. And hopefully by showing said children love and by giving them candy, instilling in them a hope for a better tomorrow.

Have you ever thought about that side of it? huh? Authors of good fiction think about these things.

But then it is your fictional story, you can tell it as you see fit.

Unknown said...

what if that other male person has other reasons, personal medical resaons for not going anywhere. And also was able to hand out candy to the less fortunate kids and be an inspiring figure in the neighborhood, which is trying to make a positive step forward. I'm sure these fictional characters missed their friends dearly, especially friends that they love and respect. And what if the male knew that he was going to be hanging out with his friend on Thursday to drink beer and play music. An activity that brings both of them a great deal of satisfaction and pleasure and the male friend was really looking forward to it. do you want to ride together by the way? I mean, what if.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

You all aren't very good fiction writers....I think you use real life too much. ; )

danl77 said...

What if... another male in an afar away city, always felt left out. Nobody EVER came to his house for holloween. OH.. he schleps people to Airports so they can seee other friends and they use him, but invite hime for candy? Huh...what if? And big green hairy snarffles. (that was the extra fiction thing)

(see you guys tonight. you'd better not suck)

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

Let's say there was a brother of a fiction writer who had deep and profound romantic feelings for another friend of his and couldn't express his undying love and affection toward him. Caught up in the heat of a blogument (argument through blog posts), he could not choose sides between his own blood and the man of his dreams. He takes a vow of self isolation and tears himself away from the blogument.