Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sometimes, Life IS Good.


I haven't posted anything of any use recently....I can't think of a darn thing to write. so I'll summarize what happened today and maybe that'll spark something. I got up and heard on the news that the weather was going to be FANTASTIC!! I said to myself:


Me: I'm going to ride my motorcycle today!

Self: YAY!

Me: Oooh, I'll text Mark so he knows that the weather will be great to ride.

Self: good idea...I hope he gets the text.


I jumped on the bike and was at work before I knew it. Grace's daycare was having a Thanksgiving Luncheon for the parents to come have lunch with the kids. I think Jess and I were 2 of maybe 4 parents there...kind of sad, but that's how it goes. Grace was sitting in her little "low" chair ready for food when she saw us....SO FRIGGIN' CUTE! So she wanted to/thought we were leaving. She wouldn't eat anything, so Jess and I did (good food, actually) and then took Gracie home (jess was working from home today). I thought it was great to see her interact with other little kids and she seems like she likes them a lot and gets along with them. It's reassuring to see your own child do that.


Later, after work, we met my old friends Craig and Betsy at Red Robin up in W. Chester (aka suburban HELL!). Seriously....the best burgers in the whole wide world. I've been there two times and don't remember eating because I INHALED THEM! They ain't small burgers either. Perfect size, taste, presentation..you name it. God, I love those burgers....try the Sante Fe....holy sh*t.


Just as I got there...Marky B calls me to tell me "Thanks" for the text I sent in the morning. He had a rotten day the day before and was dreading this one and when he got my text he said "hell yeah" or something to that effect. It made his day apparently....which in turn, made MY day. Such a little thing...a text message, but sometimes, someone thinking of you can make all the difference. And if it's a positive for them...it's even better for you. Sometimes, life is good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love you my little taintball