
So my wife is off to the land of the Aborigines...that's Australia to the layperson. Anyways, she'll be there for about a week and a half and Grace and I will miss her, but what a great chance to see a very cool place, eh? It is a place I've always wanted to visit. I'm excited for her to tell me all about it and her take on the place.
It'll be interesting how Grace and I do on our own...Jess is fantastically on top of things and does such an amazing job at taking care of us and all the little things that I'm sure I'll be in shock until she comes back. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and straightens up your bum of a husband too, I guess! To give you an example of Jess' thoroughness, she's planned ahead enough so that I have almost no cooking to do...she's made more than we've needed for the last week or so that there a small meal sized frozen servings in the freezer! I don't know whether to kiss her or be offended that she doesn't think I can feed myself and my child! ("She's a good woman...and thorough", to borrow a phrase.) Another thing she did for Grace was had me videotape her reading three books that Grace likes to be read before bedtime, so Grace can see her Mommy. We hope it won't make her upset by seeing her, but Jess not actually being there. We'll see about that, but it was neat idea and was fun filming it. So, adventure begins...pray for us! : )
5 comments:
Jeesh... I'm just glad you finally blogged.
Wow - that's some serious devotion... Schatzy is lucky if I cook once a month, let along a week or more at a time.
You and Grace will have a great time together - all will be just fine. What is Jess doing in Australia?
I heard she is doing a documentary on this legendary guy named Nick "Crocodile" Dundee. Some kind of local hero. Anyway, they will have all sorts of adventures and he will come back to Cincinnati where he gets the shit kicked out of himself by a bunch of local rednecks and then he goes home. Movie material here.
She's vacationing...her Dad was going for a conference and her Mom was going too, which happened to land on her Mom's birthday, so as a surprise gift to his wife he bought tix for both of their daughters to come meet them in Sydney. Nice, huh?
yeah, really nice!
Post a Comment