Monday, August 18, 2008

Mother/Child reunion...



Yes, my babe's back in tizzle and it's good to not be a single parent anymizzle. All in all, it was a good experience for me, in that I spent more time with Grace and we became even closer, if that's possible and I learned what a great deal my wife does for both Grace and I. (I've said my nice stuff, now go and make me ham sammich!) Just jokes.


I don't think Grace noticed how much she missed her until Saturday morning when she first saw Jess...wow, it was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...a mother and child reunion. (there's a Paul Simon song there, I think). Funny thing is that Grace didn't say anything, she just rushed to her Mommy and managed to burrow into her like being attached to her wasn't close enough. Now that's love. Her smile and happy little eyes were so amazing. Not surprisingly, Grace has been attached to Jess ever since. I think Jess is enjoying the excessive show of affection from both Grace and I, as well she should. She deserves it and it's nice to come home and see how much you're missed when gone.

I just love seeing the two of them together:

5 comments:

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

I'm glad she's back too. I feel that I kind of covered for Jess in Nick's family during her absence. Indeed it is a tough job! I'm just glad I don't have to sleep with Nick anymore. That's a real chore!!! Blchhh.

Matt said...

Yeah. I did a brief tour of duty there, too... it's pretty rough.

I was able to avoid the sleeping with him, though. He kept asking me to stay, but it creeped me out and I used the "I have to work tomorrow" excuse.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

That's funny, because both of you were saying something different on your respective nights...like you wish it could last forever, yadda yadda...

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

That is a bold faced LIE!!!

You can't last 2 minutes, let alone "forever"!!!!

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Innapropriate!!