Friday, October 16, 2009

A thankful and, at times, overly-positive, but honest appraisal of life

My life is moving in a thousand different directions at once, and all of them appear to be good and apparently in harmony with the others, that I just don't know what to say. I'll explain, as best I can:

Granted life is fickle and things change in milliseconds, but I just can't complain right now. I've got good health, a wonderful, thoughtful wife, my child is growing up a smart, good and beautiful little girl and we're not wanting of anything. I've almost finished a large project in my house that allowed me to spend time with my father and good friends in a meaningful way and add some room for my family that will hopefully be growing in the coming year or so.

I've been re-introduced to my musical self by a lucky gig with a great band, The Family Secret, that allows me to be creative and the music plays to my skill-set and strengths. I'm getting positive reinforcement from the guys I'm playing with and their schedule is fitting in well with the rest of my life (not playing too much or not enough). Work is trucking along well with less stress and time to think, while still growing and getting good feedback as well. It's my favorite season of the year and the leaves look wonderful in their autumn glory.

The finances are starting to head the way one would hope, upward. My wife has recently been promoted with a decent raise at her work and through my gigs I'm pulling extra money. My car has recently been paid off and my toy, a BMW motorcycle, will be paid off in the next few months, allowing more funds to help pay off some debt that was unfortunately building over the last couple years.

I have some of the most wonderful people in the world as friends and family. They're helpful, inspiring, gifted and funny. Laughter keeps me calm and positive and these people are just fantastic in that department.

I just thank God that I've been so blessed and pray this keeps up and everyone continues to be happy and healthy.

When you have several interests and they have little to do with each other, and none of them appear to negatively effect another, it's a minor miracle. And, amazingly, this is where I seem to stand.

1 comment:

Kris Becknell said...

All this AND the Bengals are winning...who could ask for more?!?!

In seriousness, this is wonderful to read...I am so happy to hear that your life is giving you so many pleasant experiences and best wishes for many many more which I hope to be a part of for years to come.

Love you Nick!
Kris