Wednesday, August 10, 2011

today, yesterday and some stuff before it...

I've been called out, though not by name, but I admit, I've slacked on this blog considerably, so I'm here to fix that. This will ramble, since I have no idea what I will write about, but I'm sure it'll become a long post in no time. Here goes...

Today is a Wednesday, and yesterday was Tuesday, 8/9/11, my baby girl's first birthday. I don't know how it came around so quick, but it made me sad yesterday evening. We had a quick pizza dinner, Maria's latest fav food, and planned on taking her to Graeter's for her birthday treat. I love that we live close enough to walk there, but our little birthday girl fell asleep in the stroller on the way. Something about that got me down. Not that she didn't get her treat, but somehow, by showing me that she's still a baby, it made me realize she's becoming a toddler, or maybe it was me just being tired, moody, etc. Regardless, she's walking almost all the time now, and she's very happy about that.

We just got back from our vacation in New Hampshire, but I need another vacation. I was nervous about how M. would do in the car for two days, which all that worry was unfounded...she was great! But I think the worry took it's toll on my health...I was feverish the first day, got over it that night, but on the second day in NH I got sick. Headache like I've never felt, threw up twice, bed-ridden for two days, and I didn't feel totally better until the day we got back to Cincy. I want a do over! I did get to go to the Harpoon Brewery in VT and a short bike ride with the FiL, in which I blew a tire and only got a few km's in...grrrr. Not much positive happened, other than M really took to the walking thing. It was beautiful weather while there, the few days I got to out in it!

This is turning into a complain-fest, so I'll stop, but that's what the recent haps have been in Jack's world. I hope your experiences have been better!

Till next time...

1 comment:

Matt said...

So hard to believe she's a year old! It's crazy how fast a year can go by.

Sorry your trip was not at all a relaxing vacation for you.... that sounds miserable!

But - most of all - nice to see you back in the blogoshpere!