One day, last winter, we received the above note, in a stamped envelope (the stamp was a Mother Theresa stamp, no less!), addressed to the "resident at" our house number. It's self-explanatory what they were getting at, and note this was sent after much of the snowfall that happened last winter.
Now I know our house needs some work, as all houses do, but who paints their house or does "yard work" in the middle of winter with 6 inches of snow on the ground? Really... I can only assume that the writer of this letter was the temporary owner of the house next door, which was bought at auction due to the previous owners defaulting on their loan and moving out, leaving the house a wreck with windows broken, etc. This current (at the time) owner had gutted much of the house, rebuilt and repainted (in the FALL, of course) and done some much needed work to sell this house. I have to also assume since we had just had to cut down a 100 plus year old tree in our backyard, and I chose to keep most of the wood to split and use this coming winter, that he was unhappy about all the wood lying around in the backyard. I mean...there was a LOT of wood back there (unfortunately, there still is a bit, but I'm working on it...still).
He must have thought it was going to keep his house from selling, so wrote this despicable and cowardly letter to get us to do something about it. Well, screw him.
If it wasn't him, I haven't a clue who it was, and we never received another letter...so, what do you think...is the photo below a picture of an eyesore? This was taken only a week or two after the letter arrived.
And here's a more recent, Springtime photo...you tell me...eyesore?
4 comments:
Wow - That's ridiculous. I can honestly say I never considered your house anything remotely close to an eyesore. Of course, that may not mean much coming from the guy who had a pile of rubble instead of steps on his front porch for half a year.... So Laura adds her two cents and wanted me to let you know she's mad for you.
Now, set up a car on some blocks in the front yard, sit on the front porch in a wife-beater and crack open some nice cold high life's. Keep livin' the dream!
Thanks Matt and Laura! I feel better about that old Camaro rusting just out of the frame of the photo I attached...not to mention the toilet that has weeds growing out of it in the backyard. ;)
Cheers!~
JC, esq.
I think the snow was making it look especially "Eyesore"y...glad you got rid of it.
Kris
I'll tell you what's an eyesore... the fact that this blog never changes!!!
THAT'S an eyesore.
:P
Post a Comment