Recently heard a story about Mark Twain, or more specifically his father, who Twain never remembered ever smiling or laughing. He was apparently a horribly inept businessman. He had to completely start over in business five times in just twelve years. For some reason, my mind immediately jumped to how that would feel. How defeated and hurt from the constant failure he must have felt. I have been very lucky in that, though I may not be a certain success in business, I haven't been an utter failure. On the other hand, Twain's mother, though a devout Christian and taskmaster, she often laughed and loved music and dancing and telling tales.
If I think of how my children will remember me, God knows, I want them to remember me with a smile on my face, love in my heart and a chuckle on my breath. I may fail them and their mother in many ways, but I want to be a reminder of happiness and that, even when things may be bad, it never hurts to smile.
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This made me smile, so you are on the right track!
Kris
Post a Comment