
So this guy was out with some others to track great white sharks and find out why the sharks kept coming so close to this particular shore. And instead of him following them, he became the followed. The photo also illustrates the size of these sharks. They chose the kayaks as to not disturb the sharks so they could see them as they would be without human interference. I bet he wished they had chosen another way... I think his swimsuit is full in this picture.
It turns out that the shark was just curious, but apparently the shark dove and watched from below first and then started trailing him at the surface. It also turns out that this particular area seems to be a mating ground, yet, if I remember from the article correctly, no one has seen them mate. Isn't nature grand?
4 comments:
sweet picture.
Nature can make us feel incredibly small when we deal with her on her terms....
And how did you get the "Ask not" about Taintball in the comments? that's cool. I suppose I could just look it up in all of these nifty blog features, but that involves work.
Uh, yeah, I don't remember. I just ran into it somewhere when I was changing how things were setup.
kayaks being attacked by sharks is pretty common. the word is, the sharks mistake them for seals. yummy plastic seals. It wouldn't keep me out of the ocean though. that is a big shark....
I want more of "Deep Thoughts with Jack Croupy"!!!!!
Post a Comment