Monday, April 21, 2008

Lame boasting of an average feat

So this weekend I got inspired and I pulled out this redundant, ugly chain link fence that ran the depth of my house then stopped, to be continued by a split rail fence to the end of the backyard. I say redundant because it was right up against a nice, newer wood fence the neighbor put in a few years ago that ran the length of same area. I thought I'd have to call in the big "guns" of Hybrid Mind, but ended up fairing quite well by myself, thank you indeed. I actually impressed myself. There was quite a bit of digging and those poles had pretty good chunks of concrete at the bottom of them. I think we'll be making an herb garden or something in that spot.

It did get me thinking about the gardening plans I had when we first moved in. I was hoping and still want to install some brick paths, instead of the concrete paths to the house and around the side, along with some major landscaping changes. It'll be nice to use this good weather we're having to get a start on it. Hopefully this past weekend was the start to many fun projects in the yard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yardwork seems like a good ego boost for men...makes you feel manly. Keep it up and let me know if you need any help. I will send Mark over :)

Kris

tseetsee fly said...

Nice one Kris, be sure to send Mark over -I love it!! I love to be outdoors, in a bathing suit lounging. I'll pull a few weeds, but I leave the heavy stuff to the Marine. Good job, Nick. Show us a pic of your huge mauscles you worked from all that manual (manuel) labor.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

I see I won't get any respect from the female gender on this one...