Friday, April 11, 2008

A week to prove myself...


I'm at the end of my third week of employ, and also the end of a week on my own in the office while MavriBLOGlou is on vacation. It's been terribly enjoyable and such a relief from the monotony and boredom of the "improper fraction". Monday of this week was stressful, needless to say, but after I got through that one it's been MUCH easier. Thanks to my bro for answering questions and basically working from KeyWest on Monday so that I didn't drown in phone calls and emails and then walk out with my head down in shame.
I'm actually quite pleased that he went on vacation, otherwise I'd probably be using his presence as a crutch just because it's easier to ask questions than internalize the issue & resolution myself. This "trial by fire" insists that my brain goes through the processes to solve these problems without relying on him...and, granted, the boss man has been here when I truly didn't know what to do, but he's on the phone doing "bidness" so much that it still gave me ample time to think it through before asking. It's been quite a learning experience and I'm very, very glad to be here. Raise your glasses for a long and succesful future for this company, so I can put my girl through college!!

3 comments:

danl77 said...

What exactly do you do?

Also...forget that my picture is weird..why would you buy crack from ANYONE?

Jack Croupy, alias said...

I work in the office of a distribution/rep firm of high end audio/video components and accessories. Does that make sense?

AND...I wouldn't buy crack, but if I was...I don't think I'd buy it from that guy! Even though he's my hero.

Matt said...

cheers dude!

So happy to hear that you're happy. You deserve it after the crap of the improper fraction. That, and I prefer my crushes to be happy.
=)