
So my "colleague" at work, MavriBLOGlou, has started themed music days. Having Rhapsody, nice speakers and a Sonos player makes this all the more enjoyable. So yesterday was deemed "Prog Rock Tuesday". Thus ensued a barrage of the most space-tastic, medieval tales of knights, distant stars and damsels distressing (or was that the vocalists singing out of the normal range of a man?) with some aggressive, lengthy riffing, done while wearing the requisite flowing white robes. I realized, having been basically brought up on that style of music, how much I still really enjoy it, and since I have come a long way from that time when I listened to it, I thought it would annoy me. To the contrary, I realized that there are more songs by Yes than I thought I liked and I will probably listen to in the future. Of course Rush will, is and will always be a favorite...for sentimental reasons as much as there are some REALLY great songs in their catalog. I really dig the JUST post-Gabriel Genesis as well. (And Then There Were Three, etc.)
So Tuesday being done and here we are on a slow Wednesday, we started the "Yacht Rock/Wimp Rock/Light Rock Wednesday". You can imagine the songs/artists (Seals&Croft, pictured above, Summer Breeze being a personal fav; Cris Cross, the wimp part of wimp rock; etc). There are, as in every type of music, some DAMN fine songs in this category, but this day lasted about 2/3rd's of the day and by 2-3pm we ran out of artists/songs to explore. I was surprised by this, seeing that there is apparently enough of these songs to endlessly play in every dentist's and orthodontist's office without repeat ad nauseum. Our musically trivia minds must be failing us...
I don't know whether to thank God or ask what I did wrong...
1 comment:
I find this blog un-likeable. I am sorry and do not for to congratulate you. Not a hug. a frown.
Post a Comment