Friday, May 9, 2008

The greatest band you never heard?


Is this the greatest band you never heard? I'd like to think so, and if I could find the elusive "Guitar God" Andy Helms, I could prove it to you. Of course then you would have heard the band and it wouldn't be the best band you'd never heard, it would just be a band you've heard...basically I'm getting out of claiming that we were the "best" anything. I do miss playing some of the songs we had written. This was my first band, and Michael's first as well. You can tell this from the pictures of Michael...if he were any younger you'd see a pacifier in his mouth and his diaper butt. Regardless our age, the band rocked pretty hard at times and within a month or two Michael was outplaying the previous bass player, the infamous Seta, and Michael was all of 15 or so.




The band was named Freud Chicken (funny name, great logo, if I can find the pic, I'll scan it and post it.) and was originally me, Seta and Andrew J. Helms (self-proclaimed Guitar God). Michael replaced Seta and we added a female singer, Shawna Snyder (pictured). Shawna still sings around the Cincy music scene, in fact. It would be fun to get that group of loonies together again and rehash some of the tunes. I'll leave you, with your head blown and one last picture.







No comments: