Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Monk & Nina Conti



If you haven't heard of these two, I highly recommend Googling them and watching a skit or two. I absolutely love the act and laugh everytime...even when it's the same routine because she changes little responses and it surprises and entertains. She's a Londoner, apparently, and as far as I can see hasn't done much in the States, but I hope she does a show somewhere in the midwest sometime, because I'd be up for a roadtrip to see her whole act. Monk is a depressed, egomaniacal monkey and Nina's just a sweet (and since she's controlling him, totally schizophrenic) and pretty comic who's kind of buzzing right now, it seems. I love the voice she has for Monk and is weird how it's so "man-ish" considering her natural voice. I love his accent too...which is how I remembered to look her up, his voice or phrasing just popped into my head this morning...months after I first/last saw them. Weird how that happens. At times cute and dirty actually, but very entertaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was very funny...I dig the voice of the monkey and the "Self Aware" style of comedy.

Kris

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Glad you checked it out...gets me giggling right away.