Thursday, September 25, 2008

What a derth of blogging around here...


...and I won't be a part of the derth. (I like that word - derth. See, I said it again.) Anyway, I'm excited about the cool weather, you know...fall, autumn, that wonderful season that people start bundling up, spending more time outside because it's not bloody hot anymore, raking leaves and pumpkin picking, making travel plans to see family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's a great time of year for me, starting off with my birthday and made even better because my first memories of Grace are in the fall, bringing her home and the leaves falling as we drove (it got cool early that year) and we bundled her up and took her on walks. All of a sudden considering you have your OWN family is shockingly wonderful.

I also thought I'd share some of my favorite "fall" albums that make me feel warm and fuzzy about the season. Neko Case's "Fox Confesser Brings the Flood" is a staple since I heard it (Thanks to Matt!), the early Wilco and late Uncle Tupelo albums particularly "A.M" (Wilco) and "Anodyne" (U.T.). Van Morrison's "Back On Top" is fantastic driving to work on a crisp morning album. Rolling Stone's "Exile on Main St." has become a fall favorite too. I hope you find something in there you've not heard or rediscover.

No comments: