Friday, August 27, 2010

We had another baby...yes, a girl. She's pretty great.

Maria Penelope Mavridoglou was born on 8/9/10 at 9:28 in the morning. Yes, this is really late reporting, but hey, I've been busy! She's been a joy and a treat and I can't say enough about her.

Her name is a family name. Maria was both my Yiayia's sister's name...known to me as Thea Maria. I also have a cousin named Maria. Penelope, for those that might not know, is my mother's name. It's been in my mother's side of the family for 4 generations or so. I definitely wanted to keep it going, as I love the name. It's different enough to stand out, yet can be shortened to Penny, which isn't so strange yet still not very popular currently. It also is a Greek name, as Odysseus' wife's name was Penelope. Pretty great all around, eh?

Though we'd been through this before with Grace, it was a shock to the system the first week or so with all the getting up every two hours or so overnight. We're back in the swing of things now and have got a nice routine...that Maria will probably change on us immediately now that I've written this.

Jess is at home with her till November 1st, which is great. Grace is home more often now as well, instead of her full-time schedule at The Goddard School. This saves a considerable sum, since we'll really be shelling it out once both girls are there. It'll hurt both emotionally and in the wallet when their both there, but Grace is proof the school does a fantastic job and she LOVES going...everyday. In fact, she'd rather go on the weekends too I think...they have so much fun and great activities...parents can't compete!! Grace will start Kindergarten a year from now...wow, so much time has past.




2 comments:

Matt said...

SO happy for you and your family. I will so miss being able to just walk over and spend time with all of you. Congratulations on another beautiful baby. I can't wait to meet her.

Keep in touch, bud. You know, some day those kids will need to come to Disney. And we're not too far from Orlando. :)

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Thanks Matt! We miss you already! I hope you and Laura are enjoying (finally!) living together as a married couple. I'm sure you are. Tell her we said Hi!

We'll be in touch and hopefully will be able to make a trip to see you in the next year or so. I know you two are in and out of Ohio for the holidays, but let us know if plans change.

Take care, enjoy the warm weather this winter...we'll be slushing and icing through, as normal. :)
NM